How to compare Scribe DTS files
Here is quick blog on how to compare Scribe DTS files.
- Download Notepad++ from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/ and install it
- Open Notepad++
- Click on ‘Plugins’ -> ‘Plugin Manager’ -> ‘Show Plugin Manager’
- Select ‘Compare’ and click ‘Install’
- When it is done, it will prompt if you want to restart Notepad++, click ‘Yes’
- Click ‘Open’ and find the first DTS file, click ‘Open’ again and find the second DTS file.
- Click on ‘Plugins’ -> ‘Compare’ -> ‘Compare’
It will now show the two files side-by-side, you can scroll down and up to compare the files.
In this example below, you can see there is field mapping in the first file that isn’t in the second file.